Saturday, September 19, 2009

The Comet's First Car Show

Jeff and I, along with Ron, Wendy, Noel, Ignacio, and Sammy, enjoyed our first ever Car Show last night! This one had no entry fee... you just showed up and parked in a blocked off parking lot. There was a band playing oldies and hundreds of people just walking around looking at the cars. There were trophies and prizes... but we didn't get one! I typed a "story" of the Comet... and people who read it and/or talked with us were thrilled that we had a car that had been in the family since the beginning! Rich, I can't thank you enough (and Chris, too) for letting us have the car. It brings us such pleasure! We take it to lunch a couple times a week... although I whine about the heat (just can't win). Agghhh... my Blog won't let me add pictures! I'll try to edit and add later...

1 comment:

Carol said...

So "Ye Olde Comet" made its debut at a car show - how fun! Sometimes I wonder how many times I drove it from the house in Los Altos Hills to the club so "the kids" could swim and I could sit and visit with friends. What a life! It is great that you are restoring its natural beauty. Mom