Saturday, December 20, 2008

Carolyn's Birthday Doll & Crib!


Don't tell my mother-in-law, but this is her birthday present she's getting tomorrow! I made this doll, pillow, and quilt just for her. I got the baby doll crib at a yard sale, after first trying to get the girl to keep it for sentimental reasons. I know Carolyn will be thrilled, and I'm pretty excited about it, too. She had a similar crib that "went down with the Arizona" as Carolyn likes to say. (The house fire five years ago). Happy Birthday!
I Googled the crib and it seems that it was a sample used by traveling salesmen selling full sized cribs in the 50's. So cute!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Carol said...

Carolyn will be thrilled. You did good! Mom

Karen said...

Shellie,
This looks much like something you and Rich had. I remember the type of decoration, and the timing would be right!

Very cute gift -- and so very special to do this for Carolyn.

Love,
Karen