Saturday, May 30, 2009

Swimming...

I have begun swimming at the Redwood Health Club in Ukiah. I started two weeks ago attending the water class for senior citizens... and the OLD LADIES kick my behind! They're amazing! I swam a couple of laps in the indoor pool (it's very warm and very short)... and then decided to give the outside pool a try. Thursday, May 28th, I swam ten laps (round trip) in the outside pool. I found out after finishing that nine laps equal 1/4 mile... WOO-HOO for me! I did ten again on Friday... and so begins my quest to feel better and get stronger and have less pain in my life! See everyone at Greg's Graduation!

1 comment:

Carol said...

Hey, that is fantastic - my pride runneth over! It took eight laps at the pool in LAH to make a quarter of a mile - accomplishing that was a major feat for me and I was in my early 40's. Looking forward to seeing you next weekend - if you need a bed or two just holler! Mom