Saturday, October 3, 2009

Beatty, Nevada

Google Beatty... read about Beatty... and know that we are so far out in the boondocks it is hilarious! We've been CRAZY busy this week... but sanity seems to be close. Going to bed in a few minutes... the earliest yet this week. I flew in Monday (lost my cell phone on the plane or in the airport and already have it back), and after taking care of some business in Las Vegas drove the 120 miles (one way) to Beatty. Went back on Tuesday, Thursday, and today! Went to Pahrump yesterday (only 77 miles one way). YUCK... I'm sick of driving! Our apartment is okay... will post some pictures soon. Love reading everyone's blogs...

1 comment:

Carol said...

I just googled Beatty and my goodness, it is a bustling community and full of beauty also. Anyhow, you can look forward to Beatty Days Oct. 30th til Nov. 1st.

As you may know, Pahrump has become famous due to Art Bell who used to be on the radio every night
for four or five hours. He was really quite an interesting man.

Because of him, Mike Kaku sort of reappeared in my life and that led to Russ having contact via e-mail with his old grade school and Cub Scout friend. Russ gave up on Mike when Mike insisted that there are up to ten dimensions and Russ firmly insisted that there had to be unlimited dimensions. Russ also gave up on me in that area when I just could not move beyond 3 or 4 dimensions.
I sort of jumped around here. Do enjoy your stay there - if you hurry to volunteer you could probably get involved with Beatty Days.