Sunday, November 1, 2009

Beatty Days!

I am so lucky! I got to be a Judge for the Beatty Days Parade! It was fun and I wore my Judge Ribbon and button all day (the ribbon is blue and was blowing in the wind in this picture). The other Judges were Renee (pronounced Ree-knee), a lady who lives 10 miles north of Beatty on a ranch, and the REAL Judge in Beatty, Gus (I forgot his last name). It was really, really, really fun. Oh, these are my new glasses that go dark and light by themselves. Quite handy!

Carolyn getting a big kiss from one of the bikers... she drove into the motorcycle only area just for fun!
Red eating Bar-B-Q for lunch... it was YUMMY!
I like this flag bearer, who served in the Navy a LONG time ago. He was wearing his own original uniform. Pretty impressive!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Carol said...

It looks like lots of fun! Three cheers for "Biker Carolyn" - or maybe four cheers!
How did you end up a judge - no surprise but just curious. a
Aren't all moms curious?

Shellie said...

I was there early to save good seats and there was a 'buzz' about a judge not showing up. I walked over, offered to Judge (as I do have experience) and they said they'd let me know if the other person didn't show up. I went and was settled in for the parade and the lady zipped over at the last moment with the button/ribbon and said c'mon over and do it! The original judge showed up about 10 minutes later, but I finished anyway... so much fun!

Janet said...

:)